Click below to go straight to a topic.

Who To See About Dyslexia In The Early Years

Speaker: Jane Emerson

Philippa Bodien on 05/02/2010
early rather than late intervention - so diagnosis and teaching support with dyslexia and not just speech is indicated. 7 years is leaving them at scchool without support for two years. Research has shown that phonics and phonolgical support alone is not sufficient. Connection to the printed word needs to be made.

About this talk: Jane Emerson discusses who should be consulted if a child is showing the signs of dyslexia. She considers when a speech and language therapist or an educational psychologist should be used to assess a child.

Download Podcast

What to Watch Next